East Coast FL Trip

Last weekend I headed over to the east coast of Florida for some wind and waves! The first 3 days we did downwinders on our kites. The waves were easily overhead and a ton of fun. It is always nice to get out in huge conditions that really test your skill as a rider. If you mess up in waves like that you will most likely find your kite in pieces and a hard swim in to the beach. By the time Sunday rolled around the wind finally let up and it was time to surf. Being a kiter and a surfer is great because it allows me to do whatever the conditions suite best. My sides were bleeding and scabbed from so much twisting and turning in my harness as I slashed downwind for hours at a time. It was time to break out my 9’6 Fanatic FLY and do some stand up surfing. Below is a video I shot with my Go Pro chest mount. Visit www.watermonkeyshop.com for the kiteboarding video. Enjoy!!

Check out the surf video HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment